Web Design is not a conjecture. It is Science.
Website designs is a commoditized service today. Layouts, frameworks, designs, samples, and even color combinations, has been stereotyped. Almost typcasted are each design specifics for each business types: Ecommerce, Lead generating, Content and Blog site, Photographic sites, Hobby and personal site
Does anybody ever spare a thought on the voice of customers?
Aesthetics aside, everything from layout to font choice should be guided by user testing to ensure that the website is not only pretty but also functioning at its best
It is the result of extensive online tests that we today know:
1. Serial Position Effect- put the important stuff at the beginning and end – mid page has least eyeball.
2. Loss Aversion- to significantly impact your conversions focus on highlighting losses than on benefits- losses are more painful than gains are pleasurable
3. Herd Behavior- People tend to do what other people are doing- Testimonials Rock!
4. Language processing tests of brain- navigation labels and copy in pages must be easy for visitors to understand. Use common words local lingual. Your business is not what you think your business is but what your visitor – a great step towards right keywording.
5. Von Restorff Effect- In the 1930’s, German scientist Hedwig von Restorff discovered that when given a list of ten items, people remember items if they are a color different from the others – visual differences, or “pattern interrupters.” can create repeat visitors
6. Headlines aren’t just the first thing seen on a page, they’re looked at more than anything else. Be careful about headlines – words fonts , color and background
Although small each of these aspects are immensely insightful to help create a great online shopfront – one that converts.
Not published widely , but smart and forward looking business, does tons of these experiments every day, to know their customers , understand what they prefer and when and why.
And there are great tools. Irrespective of business size and conversion rate, every business that has an online presence should considering trying experiments like A/B tests, and Multi-variant testing or MVT.
And these series of experiments and insights form what is called the science behind a great website – very specifically yours, for your business and tuned into attract your target group.
We have our experts available to help you . Contact Us.